Propane Service TechnicianHaley Rawsthorne
Summary: The primary functions of the Propane Service Driver is to include sales, service, safety and maintenance of propane gas systems the driver is also responsible for the proper maintenance of the equipment assigned. Provides excellent customer service and protects the image of the co-op in all transactions with customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Follow all guidelines and regulations for hauling bulk liquid products to include, but not limited to Petroleum, Propane, and Anhydrous Ammonia.
- Pick up and deliver product to customers in a safe, timely, and professional manner.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Maintain logs and on-board computer with each shipment.
- Perform all pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
- Complete daily maintenance report and notify supervisor of any needed repairs.
- Report all accidents, traffic violations, and damage to vehicles.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations.
- Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Install, remove and maintain tanks, appliances and propane systems
- Other duties or projects assigned by management
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Must meet minimum age requirement
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have a class A CDL with Tanker and Hazmat endorsements on a manual and automatic transmission.
- Must pass a background check and DOT physical and drug screen
- Must successfully complete post-employment driver training
- Ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 75 lbs
- Ability to stand, sit, bend, lift, twist, and climb
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required. Sioux Valley Cooperative reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.