Deli Associate-HWY 20Haley Rawsthorne
Deli Clerks are responsible for preparing, packaging, and serving deli products to customers. Their main responsibilities include weighing and portioning food items, maintaining high standards of hygiene, greeting and assisting customers.
- Providing premier customer service, including greeting and responding to customer questions
- Maintaining Sioux Valley Cooperatives high standards for product freshness and sanitation
- Selling product by providing customers with information needed to make product-related decisions
- Selecting and packaging products ordered by customers
- Filling, maintaining and rotating products and displays
- Preparing special orders and party trays
- Operating cash registers, meat and cheese slicers, oven, fryer, microwave, cutting tools, scale and other Deli equipment
- Assisting in other duties, as assigned
- 18 years of age or older
- able to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service
- able to read, write and perform simple math problems
- able to interpret, understand and follow instructions and solve problems
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and employee will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or other management as required. Sioux Valley Cooperative reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.