Spring is officially here, and that means planting season is nearly upon us. Now is a great time to prepare for the busy season! A simple checklist can help you get ready to take on the long hours in the field. Here are a few maintenance tips to help you maximize your equipment’s performance:
- Clean your equipment! Make sure your machinery is clean and free of debris. Pay close attention to any moving parts to ensure there is no hindrance in movement.
- Check and change fluids. Your equipment works hard during planting season, and lubricants protect your moving parts. Be sure to change your oil as well as check hydraulic, transmission, and brake fluids to ensure they are at healthy levels.
- Apply greases. By applying grease to metal joints you reduce friction and prevent damage on metal joints.
- Plan for fuel. Meet with a member of our team to discuss any deliveries you may need as well as which blend of fuel will work best with your equipment. We carry a Ruby Field Master and a variety of ethanol blends, and about everything else in-between!
- Keep your equipment running like a well oiled machine. We understand breakdowns happen, and that’s why we offer our Total Protection Plan. The TPP is one of a kind warranty program for new and used equipment. It covers new equipment for up to 10 years or 10,000 hours and used equipment for up to 8 years or 8,000 hours. It has no deductible and is transferable, giving you the protect and peace of mind you need. Protection starts at $299. For more information, explore our website or contact our sales team at 605-886-5829.